Thursday, July 21, 2011

He Cares About Every Detail

DS2 had some issues this week that needed to be addressed.

It consisted of disrespect, foul language, more disrespect and a sour attitude during correction.

So, we revoked his cellphone privileges and time with his girlfriend.Cell phones are a privilege not a right.

This was on Tuesday.

The following Sunday's sermon just happen to be an exact replica of what we were dealing with. Acts 20:7-12 about Eutychus the young man seated in the window who feel asleep during a service Paul was preaching and fell out the window and died... (he had been laying down in SS and covering his head)

Anyhow, we all just sat there with our jaws on the floor. Getting in the car to go home DS2 says "how about that sermon today".. HAHA It was just glorious confirmation (after a very hard long week) that God is a part of every detail and cares what's going on in our lives.

You see going to church doesn't make you a Christian. It does allow us to shut the world down for a couple of hours so God can speak to us VERY CLEARLY when otherwise he wouldn't be able to because of all the distractions around us.

Just when I think we are battling through this thing called parenting alone, I am reminded that I am not alone. There is One much more powerful than I who loves my children even more than I can. He wants them to know Him just as much as I do.

Even more than I do.

So just when you think you're alone in this task... remember you're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment